Welcome to DEEP-Hybrid-DataCloud releases page¶
You’ll find here useful information regarding the DEEP-HybridDataCloud services and components releases, their schedules, documentation and support.
Source Code repositories¶
Source code repositories are available on GitHub under the indigo-dc and deephdc organizations - http://bit.ly/deep-hdc
DEEP-HDC production (stable) repositories:
- containing signed, well tested software components
- containing packages that are not part of DEEP-HDC project, or not part of the base OS or EPEL, but used as dependencies by other DEEP-HDC components
YUM & APT configuration files are available here or use the deephdc-release package to install DEEP-HDC repositories
- Time-based releases
- projects’ Major releases - the DEEP-HybridDataCloud project foresees two major releases, distributions, during its lifetime, at around 10 months since the start of the project.
- components’ Minor/Revision releases - in a project Major release, Development teams (aka Product Teams) can release updated versions of their components as soon as the DEEP-HDC software quality criteria are met. Thought the project Continuous Integration and Delivery System tests are continuously run giving feedback on the status of the components.
- in a Major Release for each component or service only the latest revision released is supported.
- for each component or service a (major) release is supported at least for the lifetime of the projects’ major release in which this version was released the first time.
- DEEP-HybridDataCloud releases are supported for the following
- CentOS7 & Ubuntu 16.04
- for the products distributed through rpms and deb packages
- all platforms supporting Docker containers
- for the products distributed as docker images
Supported artifacts & packaging formats¶
- Binaries: executable packages
- Sources: when available, package files that contain all of the necessary files to compile/build the respective piece of software
- Tarballs: clients are distributed as tarballs for all the platforms
- Containers: Docker images are available for almost all project software